Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Trying to Get Back

Well it’s been about 2 months since my last post. I’ve been so busy with work, trying to coordinate and raise funds for the Cystic Fibrosis great strides walk that took place in May, and then there are these damn Penguin games taking up all my time.

I would love it if more people would like to contribute to this Blog. My vision for this is to be a TRUE neighborhood website, not just one person’s ideas and opinions. Kinda of a “by the people for the people” kind of thing. Please let me know what ideas you might have. I am going to try and keep this blog updated the best I can.

In the mean time, let’s see what’s been going on the last few months in our community.

From May 7th, a nice little video discussing the research of the history surrounding the Old Stone Tavern

http://www.post-gazette.com/multimedia/?videoid=101790

Also from May 7th, an Elliott man gets sentenced 15-30 years in a stabbing death.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09127/968477-100.stm

Here’s is a link to the story of the garbage truck accident that happened directly in front of the above mentioned Old Stone Tavern
http://kdka.com/local/fatal.garbage.truck.2.1005530.html

Here is a great blog excerpt about Townsend Park in Elliott from the Pittsburgh Hoagie. I couldn’t agree with him more. I would actually like to walk around the neighborhood with my digital camera and find similar stories. Great Job Matt.

http://matth614.blogspot.com/2009/06/townsend-park.html

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention. I will be doing more of that in the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Matt talks a good game. He flaps his jaws like he is in a hurricane about this but where has he been?

He's a Community Organizer - He never noticed this before? What's he been up to?

He supported Theresa Smith - Why has she not done something?

Why is the mayor not involved? Supposedly him and Matt are tight? Perhaps Matt could have used his skills to benefit our neighborhood?

It's very interesting to see this post. Where has Matt been for the past couple months? He was helping some roofer try and get a seat on council. He failed just like he failed at helping out his neighborhood on this.

Matt H is all talk and no action.

Anonymous said...

"He's a Community Organizer - He never noticed this before? What's he been up to?"

I can't get to everything. Sorry to let you down. Now it is going to get done.

"He supported Theresa Smith - Why has she not done something? "

She is doing something. She met with me and was at the park herself.

"He failed just like he failed at helping out his neighborhood on this."

I haven't failed in any aspect of my community work.

"Matt H is all talk and no action."

I don't think so.

Anonymous said...

matthexposed.blogspot.com has this covered.

Anonymous said...

What a joke of a site. I don't even respond to that. Sometimes you just can't do anything right.

The person believes that I don't know who it is but I do.

Anonymous said...

Like we believe you....

So why not just tell us all?

Anonymous said...

Who really cares? I just wish Matt H would STFU once in a while. I get tired of hearing what a great job he is doing around here when he does not do crap. He has a blog and convinced us that he has connections. Well those connections were a farce, beacuse Ravenstahl hates his whiny little butt.

Anonymous said...

why would Ravenstahl hate him when Matt H has a lot of dirt on the guy?

Anonymous said...

Matt does not have anything on Luke. He's Luke's lap dog. Why would he work so hard for him if he holds all the cards?

Anonymous said...

who gives a shit? There is some pure obsession with the guy (Matt H)...it's sick.

Anonymous said...

Judging from the pictures on matthexposed, I say that the mayor has finally rid himself of the matt h problem