Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bits and Pieces

* Check the WEECC September Newsletter. There's some good information on it. Here's the PDF Version.

* Such a SAD STORY. My heart really goes out to the family of the 2 little boys who died in the fire on Litchfield. Let's hope the community helps out with whatever they can.

*Langley 14, Westinghouse 6
Shawn Smith's 1-yard touchdown run with four second left gave Langley (2-4, 2-3) a win against Westinghouse (1-4, 1-4). Go Mustang's. Next up is Allderdice. Friday 10/10 at 7:30.

*I completely missed this article when it first came out. I am really slacking. Apparently mosquitoes in the area tested positive for West Nile virus.

* Here's a good article in the Pittsburgh Courier regarding the West Pittsburgh Weed & Seed program.

* Did you ever hear of the Pittsburgh Sign Project? Here's a few West End Signs.

* Do you know what REIKI is? Well we have our very own Reiki workshop right here in the West End. It is called "The Place for Reiki" It is located at 139 Steuben St. Suite 100.

* Does anyone know how many people crowded the West End Overlook to view the Pittsburgh 250 Fireworks Show? I heard anywhere from 1000 to 5000 people depending who you ask. Here are a few pictures from the Overlook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't there but no way was it 5000 lol We have never had 5000 up there for any events. I wish we did.


I finally linked your blog to mine. I didn't realize I hadn't had it linked.