Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Soccer is over for the 6 and under teams.

Last night we had the final soccer games of the season for the young group, and what a time it was. Each team played their own parents in 15 minute mini games and everyone seemed to have a blast. There was quite a large crowd on hand even though the weather was miserable. The fact that these little kids braved the freezing cold, high winds, and even a little hail, shows me how much they really love their sports.

I played goalie for the kids team and just looking out seeing the smiles on their faces as they were running around made me feel great.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Bessie Miller and everyone else involved with E.W.E.A.A. They did an outstanding job running the league using a small amount of volunteers. I know it was a lot of hard work, and everyone from the parents, coaches, to the kids are very appreciative.

I'm hoping we have even more kids play next year.

No comments: